BRITISH PAKISTAN FOUNDATION
Position Title: COMMUNITY Outreach and Communications Manager
Purpose of Role
Responsible for coordinating events/activities and developing communications output for British Pakistan Foundation to engage with the British Pakistani community to improve outreach.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Being the first point of contact for any incoming inquiries for information.
- Advocate on behalf of the British Pakistan Foundation and develop and improve community outreach efforts vis-à-vis events, online publications, social media, website, TV and radio channels.
- Curate, publish and manage content for the website updates to include upcoming events, blogs, outstanding British Pakistani interviews, news, photos of past events etc.
- Interview candidates for Outstanding British Pakistani for this feature in the monthly newsletter.
- Collate and design content for the monthly newsletter using the SendInBlue
- Write creative and engaging content for press releases, monthly newsletters, social media and website.
- Follow BPF Brand Guidelines to design and carry out effective social media campaigns to support BPF Programmes and events. Analyse, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns through analytics in an effort to maximize results.
- Communicating extensively with University Pakistan Society members to ensure a BPF presence on University campuses, through financial contributions and/or promotion.
- Design visually engaging and informative reports and presentations to promote BPF programmes.
- Coordinate and manage the entire event from start to finish including;
- Liaising with the venue, speakers/panel members, hire of equipment, finalising logistics and refreshments, and obtaining quotes and invoices for the project coordinator.
- Producing event flyers, event programmes, Eventbrite page and other marketing material
- Managing event volunteers to help run the event on the day.
- Work with the BPF team in driving and steering programme outreach activities I.e. define key actors to be engaged, specific messages to be utilised in targeting, channels to be used and activities to be conducted as part of outreach.
- Produce feedback forms for events and get feedback from all event attendees, provide input into the concept note for each event and ensure we keep on track as per the annual events schedule/calendar.
- Assisting in the delivery of BPF programmes.
- Note-taking during team calls with Trustees and partners
- Provide support as necessary to the other activities of BPF and generally assist in ensuring the smooth operation of the team’s activities.
- Be responsible for undertaking detailed administrative work, which requires the management of multiple activities to tight deadlines.
- Experience in event management.
- Experience in using desktop publishing tools for creating online and print content (Knowledge of designing tools for Adobe Illustrator, Canva, Procreate, Affinity or any other vector-based software etc)
- Knowledge of WordPress to update website content.
- Experience in writing content for a range of stakeholder groups, including but not limited to; social media posts, websites, external publications, articles, newsletters, project reports and presentations.
Location: London Based – Hyrbid working
Salary: £26,000 – £30,000 per annum (based on experience)
To apply please send your CV and Cover Letter to – email@example.com
Deadline to apply: 5th April 2023
*Applicants MUST HAVE the right to work in the UK*
These opportunities are only available to members of the British Pakistan Foundation and to find out more about how to become a member, please visit the “Join Us” page.